Monday, July 28, 2008

July 29 Day 6

Yesterday was the first full day of camp, and it should continue for the rest of the week until Friday, which is a little different because of the last day for campers. In the morning we wake up around 6:15 or so, shower and get ready to meet our Kansas City group for a devotion led by one of our members. After that we have a all church leaders group meeting, followed by breakfast. The breakfast here is very different from what we know in the states. Every meal there is bread, cheese, and meat. For breatfast there is also cereal, but they don't have cold drinks here, so the milk is room temperature. I had this the first morning, but not since then. Usually breakfast consists of two pieces of bread and some peanut butter which I packed. Next we have some free time while the campers eat breakfast. Which I either try to find a computer or pick up my stuff or something. After all of this we have a morning worship, with a small message and the band plays. It is really cool seeing all the kids sing in polish and english. I try to sing, more like lipsing in polish; its hard, but I am starting to be able to pronounce quite a few words right. Afterwards we have our workshops, which I choose to help with the guitar group and learn at the same time. I don't know how much I will learn by the end of the week, but I will have the basics down. I pretty much just keep the instructor on track, making sure he doesn't forget to print of papers and remind the kids to practice certain things.

Around 1 we have lunch, which consists of different foods, usually ending up with bread and a few other foods on my plate. After lunch we have some free time which I have found myself becoming obsessed with a game called carpet ball. It is a very simple game to learn and to create, but it is a lot of fun and all the polish kids love it. So far I am the champ here at camp. I think the kids are getting annoyed with me winning so much and say I am cheating. I just learned yesterday by the way. We have our workshops again at 2 and then have more free time followed by different activities which we can participate in. Dinner is at 6:30 followed by an evening meeting time for everyone. We have free time the rest of the night.

Have to go,

Miss you all,
Maddie

No comments: